Service-learning is an extremely important opportunity for each RHP and Renaissance student. Even in difficult times, it is important to give back and help those in the community. Unfortunately, due to the high-risk nature of service-learning, the Schools will not require students to complete any service learning hours for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Volunteer virtually with Step Up
- Event Learn how you can support your unhoused neighbors and advocate to stop the stigma around mental health.
- Date Virtual Volunteer Orientations are held twice a month. The next one is January 13th 6:30-7:30 PM PST on Zoom.
- Minimum age: 13+
- Additional information Step Up permanently houses individuals who have a mental health condition and are experiencing homelessness. Step Up is unique for our mental health supportive services and work force development program which are key to our success in keeping our members housed!
- Learn more about by signing up for the next Virtual Volunteer Orientation here: https://www.stepuponsecond.org/volunteer/ or contact email@example.com (310) 935-8423.
If you are planning on volunteering with an upcoming event listed on the service-learning document, please check with the organization to see if it has been rescheduled or canceled.
Please note: service-learning logs must be turned in to Adriana Alejandre (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) in the front office to be counted.
Service Learning Information
Whether they find themselves giving back to the local community or around the world, Rolling Hills Prep and Renaissance students understand that there is an obligation to serve the greater good whenever you have the chance.
- Through opportunities announced at school by staff or faculty, such as the Blue Butterfly Preserve Workday, the Huskies with Heart Backpack initiative, or the L.A. Food Bank project.
- Pre-approved community service and service learning initiatives contained in this list.
- Individual volunteer efforts that are previously approved by Rachel Rubin, Service Learning Coordinator and World Language Department Chair.
Approval and Recording
Volunteer log forms for all service work must be filled out, signed by a supervisor (who is not related to the student) from the organization for which students are volunteering, and turned in to Adriana Alejandre for hours to be counted. Hours must be turned in before the end of the current trimester to be considered for the Service Learning Honor Roll. Volunteer log forms are available in the office or by downloading from this page.