We look forward to working with you to make applying to RHP as easy as possible. The purpose of the admission process is to identify a good fit between school and student in order to bring together a student body committed to personal and community growth.
To hear interviews with independent school parents about choosing an independent school, why teachers make a difference, thriving in an independent school, the importance of community, and the benefits of an academically challenging school go to the National Association of Independent Schools website: NAIS web site.
Our goal at RHP is to enroll young people, grades 6-12, who demonstrate academic ability and motivation, intellectual curiosity, and good citizenship. In making its decision, the Admission Committee considers:
• A student's past school record
• Recommendations from teachers and other adults
• The results of the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE)
• Evidence of talent and interest in outside activities, such as leadership, artistic strength, athletic ability, and community involvement
Before you apply, we invite you to attend one of the school's Open House dates to meet teachers, parents, and current students, and learn more about RHP's outstanding programs and community.
Alternately, you may follow the instructions below to print and mail an application.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Application
1. Visit an Open House, download and print the application, or call the Admission Office at (310) 791-1101 to have an application packet mailed to you. There are multiple parts to the application packet, which may be downloaded individually as well.
Click here to download
For your use:
Worksheet to Calculate Monthly Expenses
For you to submit to RHP:
Candidate Questionnaire Form
Application for Admission
For you to provide to your references:
For you to submit to your current school:
English Teacher Recommendation
Math Teacher Recommendation
Math Teacher Recommendation for International Students
2. Complete the "Application for Admission" and "Candidate Questionnaire" forms and submit them with the application fee of $150. Make checks payable to Rolling Hills Prep School. Send forms and check to: One Rolling Hills Prep Way, San Pedro, CA 90732.
3. Submit the teacher recommendation forms and the transcript request form to the student's current school after December 1.
4. As soon as possible, ask those who will be providing references to complete the personal reference forms. This can be teachers or family friends.
5. Register for the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) and request that the scores be sent to Rolling Hills Prep School. You may register online at Educational Records Bureau or by mail. The test should be taken as soon as possible so that we have the scores as part of the package. Please contact our Admission Office with questions or to request more information.
7. The first admission decisions are made in March. Additional decisions are made on a rolling basis. If you are accepted, please respond as soon as possible so we can welcome you into the RHP family!