Any student interested in Rolling Hills Prep School should apply for admission regardless of the family's financial situation. Because the school is committed to a diverse student body from varying backgrounds, Rolling Hills Prep School has a strong need-based financial aid program that provides flexible tuition to families who otherwise cannot afford the full tuition cost. View the Schedule of Fees for the 2013-2014 school year.
It is our continuing goal that economic standing should not be a factor in admission to Rolling Hills Prep School. We therefore encourage families to apply for flexible tuition, and many families receive some form of tuition adjustment. RHP follows the guidelines for tuition adjustment set forth by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). Tuition adjustments are made on the basis of need as determined by the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) in Princeton, New Jersey.
Deadline for flexible tuition application is February 7, 2014.
We recommend that families interested in flexible tuition apply for admission and flexible tuition as early as possible. The pool of money available for tuition assistance is limited, and as the admission season passes, our ability to offer flexible tuition decreases.
In order to apply for flexible tuition, you may call us and request a packet of information and forms or you may begin the process online:
- Starting on November 1, go to sss.nais.org
- Click on the "Apply Now" button to begin your Parents' Financial Statement (PFS). You only have to complete one PFS even if you have several children applying to our school.
- You will set up a PFS (parent financial statement) online account using your email address, which will allow you to return to work on your PFS again before submitting it.
- You will be given instructions about submitting required backup documents by mail or online. All documents are mailed to SSS. In addition to the completed PFS, RHP requires your 2010 and 2011 tax return and a monthly budget worksheet to be sent to SSS. The monthly budget worksheet is called the school/organization financial application on the sss website. This form will come in our flexible tuition packet or is available here as a PDF. Your documents will be handled with the utmost level of security. To read more about SSS's document security, go to sss.nais.org.
- Mail all the required documents to: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. (For overnight mail, use this address: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, 437 Turnpike Street, Canton, MA 02021.)