Teaching at RHP
Teaching faculty starting in September are usually interviewed the previous January or February. Other positions may be advertised at any time during the year.
When hiring teaching faculty, we look for the following qualities:
- A deep knowledge and passion for the academic subject.
- A love for working with adolescents both inside and outside the classroom.
- An understanding of how employing a variety of teaching styles is essential in order to be able to reach all students.
- A strong work ethic.
- Great communication skills, including those needed to work with parents as partners in the educational process.
- Flexibility, sense of humor and the ability to work as part of a team. We don't expect everyone to have all the answers all the time, but we do look for a sense of confidence and good judgment, especially in the ability to ask a colleague for advice whenever needed.
Rolling Hills Prep School, an equal opportunity employer, offers a competitive salary, health, dental & life insurance, as well as a matching retirement benefit (IRC Sec. 403b).
Please do not telephone the school regarding employment.